DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through one of the links at no cost to you and with no increase in the price you pay.
Bearpaw was created 2001 with the purpose of utilizing sheepskin to create comfortable and stylish slippers, shoes and boots. Sheep’s wool naturally maintains a comfortable temperature so your feet stay warm when it’s cold out, but also stay cool when it’s warm. At first, you would think this to be the case as a fluffy wool slipper would seem to be warm all the time, however, if you think about sheep, they need to stay cool as well and wool does a great job of regulating the temperature so its always just right.
Bearpaw takes it’s responsibility to the planet seriously. They care about animals and the environment and utilize sustainable materials throughout their manufacturing and packaging processes. While they do use real animal fur, it is only used as a by-product of the meat industry and have recently teamed up with PETA and determined to discontinue the use of rabbit fur. Bearpaw currently utilizes solar panels to provide power for their headquarters, so you can see that they believe in their responsibility to the planet beyond their products.
Bearpaw has grown their line of product significantly since 2001, and now they not only have slippers, but boots, sandals, and flats as well. They are currently available throughout the United States, and also 45 countries around the world.
The Complete Review of Bearpaw Slippers
The Women’s Loki Li Slide slipper is made from suede and synthetic materials for the sole. One of the things I loved about this slipper was all the choices of color that are available. There are over 30 options! You are bound to find a style you like.
The insides of the shoes have a thick coat of shearling that will keep your feet super warm in the winter but also cool in the summer. These stylish slippers are great for wearing around the house and make a great choice for a gift or for yourself!
- Very Cute design
- Many color options
- Open back heel makes them easy to put on
- Thick shearling keeps your feet warm
- Very flat
- Some buyers have indicated you should buy a size larger
This slipper is technically a moccasin, but isn’t a moccasin just a fancy word for a slipper? I think so.
This men’s slipper has a lot of color options and also different material options. There is suede, leather and also wool, so it’s really easy to find the perfect pair. I also really liked the rubber sole that wraps up over the upper. This allows you to take them outside and a small puddle won’t be a problem as the rubber sole will protect the suede.
Overall, I found the slippers to be well made and of good quality.
- Many outer material and color options
- Rubber sole allows you to wear outside and protect suede from water.
- Quality construction
- Wears like a good, comfortable shoe
- Can take a while to break in
The Bearpaw Mindy Moccasin is made with a cow suede upper and a TPR outsole (ThermoPlastic Rubber). The slipper is comfortable both indoor and outdoors due to the rubber outsole and the fleece lining will keep you warm during the cold winter months.
Another nice thing about these slippers is that they are available in Wide sizes, so if your feet a wider than average, this is definitely a pair to look at.
- Rubber outsole allows for wearing outdoors
- Classic moccasin design
- Extremely comfortable
- Fits true to size
- Available in Wide sizes
- Older versions had trouble with the sole cracking, but the new version doesn’t appear to have this problem
The Women’s Indio slipper has a Mocassin toe design with a soft wool lining that is rolled over the outsole around the cuff. The footbed is lightly padded fabric and the sole is made of flexible rubber.
The Bearpaw Indio has a cute ribbon as a shoe tie (non-functional) that adds a slight bit of flair to the slipper without being over-the-top.
- Warm shearling lining
- Lightly padded so that your feet are comfortable, but does not add significant weight
- Cute design
- Ribbon Bow adds extra appeal
- Fleece on outside can get dirty easily reducing the attractiveness of the slipper
The Bearpaw Effie is essentially the same slipper as the Loki but has a cable knit upper. We love the cable knit design, but worry about the durability of the upper fabric over time. However, we love cable knit sweaters so we will take one in each color.
- Super cute cable knit design
- Open back heel makes them easy to put on
- Thick shearling inner keeps your feet warm
- Cable knit design might catch o and fray
- Can can dirty easily
Bearpaw’s Tilley Slipper is a minimalist design, and is great for the home or even a short trip to the store. As with many Bearpaw designs, the upper is made of suede and the inner is shearling. The main difference is the slipper design itself, but will still be comfortable to wear as an everyday slipper.
- Minimalist design
- Shearling keeps your feet warm, but not so thick to be hot during warmer months
- Can be used outdoors
- Design doesn’t look like a traditional slipper and may not appeal to all
- Minimalist design with thinner shearling might not be as warm as other options
Are you a fan of the 80’s? If so, the Bearpaw Retro Loki is perfect for you! It has an easy slide in design with a fleece lined inner and a sole made of colors that will take you back to the future look we all loved. The retro platform sole is think but only weight 1.5 oz, so it is not too heavy and provides plenty of padding.
- Fun Retro Design
- Lightweight sole
- Warm, fleece lined inner
- High Quality suede upper
- May look dated (What!? The 80’s will never be out of style)
- Extra height of the sole may be awkward for some
The Ashlyn is more of a shoe than a slipper. That being said, it still makes for a great house slipper as it is very light, easy to slip on / off and has a warm shearling linking. The Ashlyn does have a thin sole to protect your feet and you can take them outside, but I’m not sure if I would want to wear it for more than a quick trip to store. Keep in mind, this is a slipper and will work great for the home.
- Lightweight design
- Shearling lining
- Contrasting stitching adds to appearance
- Super comfortable
- Somewhat thin sole, but more than adequate for the home
- May not be as durable as other models
I just love the Joshua Slipper. The design is very simple but aesthetically pleasing. This Bearpaw classic step in slipper is made of cow suede with collar webbing tape trim. It has a cozy wool blend lining with cushioned comfort sheepskin footbed and a rubber outsole.
- Easy slip on design
- Nice collar webbing makes the slipper interesting but not over the top
- Warm shearling lining
- Rubber sole is great for a quick trip outside
- Sizing issues – tends to run small
- Simple design may not appeal to some
The Bearpaw Shae slipper is somewhat unique to the Bearpaw line-up. Most of their slippers have a suede upper, but the Shae uses a wool knit. This makes for a cute slipper but we worry that the knit might snag. Perhaps when a cat attacks the pom pom on the front. If you don’t have cats, or maybe well trained cats (is there such a thing?), then the Shae makes for a great home slipper.
- Fun Pom Pom!
- Cute color selection
- Very comfortable to wear all day
- Shearling lined for warmth
- Runs a little small
- Cats will want to play with the Pom Pom (that might be pro – not 100% sure…)