DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through one of the links at no cost to you and with no increase in the price you pay.
Hardwood floors are elegant, stylish, and quite frankly very expensive. They require proper maintenance to retain their original form. Otherwise, if we are not careful, hardwood floors may easily wear down or form dents and scratches. This is why many interior designers and flooring providers suggest the number one thing we can do to prevent day-to-day damage to the flooring is wear slippers.
Why Are Slippers Good For Hardwood Floors?
According to leading podiatrists, wearing slippers at home instead of shoes not only protect the flooring, but it is also great for our feet. Slippers are recommended to use on hardwood floors for the following reasons:
- They act as the perfect shock absorbent and prevent foot pain.
- They protect the floor. The excellent form and soft soles of the slippers glide smoothly on the hardwood floor.
- They also keep our feet warm and comfortable, especially in the colder months.
- Lastly, they keep your feet clean of dust, dirt, bacteria, and germs that reside on your feet or are brought in on the shoes you wore outside.
So, we understand the importance of wearing slippers indoors. This is especially when we have hardwood flooring, but what about other types of shoes?
Shoe types and hardwood floor damage
While almost all slippers have very soft soles, not all shoes have that. In fact, shoes like high heels act like little hammers on the floor, causing mini dents. Other types of shoes with hard soles can also leave scratches and scuff marks everywhere. It is the little damage that builds up over the years to give you the most loss on your investment.
The wrong choice of slippers can also prove to be a poor investment. Slippers that are not the right fit for you can lead to foot soreness, accidental sliding, and can make you look like your grandparent due to the outdated design. Therefore, to protect your investment, we have gathered a list of reviews of the best slippers for your hardwood floors.
Our picks for the Best Slippers for Hardwood Floors
The natural wool slipper by Made For You comes with arch support insoles and non-slip rubber soles that don’t harm the hardwood flooring. These slippers come in a wide variety of colors and sizes. They are lightweight, soft, and comfortable to wear. The arch insoles provide support to the joints and different pressure points. This feature makes these slippers highly recommended for people who have painful arthritis, rheumatism, or heel pains because of their ability to decrease pain triggers.
They comprise 100% wool to make these slippers, which makes them long-lasting and durable. The slippers have a minimal and straightforward design that sports easy slipping on and off. The organic nature of the slippers makes them hypoallergenic, which means that its construction used no bleach or dye. The slippers also won’t house any unpleasant odor, moisture or bacteria.
- Easy slip-on and off
- The rubber sole makes for a steady grip on the flooring
- Arch insoles for added arch support
- Some may consider them unattractive
- Can only use while indoors
Minnetonka’s Sheepskin slippers comprise leather yet have a soft sole. These slippers cum shoes are stretchable to fit your feet regardless of the time duration. The design of the slipper does not only give off a luxurious heritage look but also gives off a timeless vibe. The shoes are durable and comfortable with a 4.5-star rating on Amazon.
- Strengthens leg and foot muscles
- Supports and enhances your natural stride
- Lightweight and extremely comfortable
- Minimum feet confinement and maximum freedom
- Durable materials and design
- The non-confinement of feet can lead to back issues
- Vulnerable to moisture
- More intimate contact with the ground makes it not the right choice for people with foot issues or weight problems.
The Australia women’s Scuffette slippers by Ugg have a soft upper and a rubber outsole. These sleepers sport an excellent blend of style and comfort with sheepskin lining and cuffs. These slippers retain heat and wick away all the feet moisture and sweat.
- Extremely comfortable
- Keep your feet warm
- Smooth and easy accessibility
- Lightweight and flexible
- Cushioning foam insole enables comfy movement
- You can wear them both indoors and outdoors.
- Not waterproof
- Not durable
- Can become old fashioned
The Nootkas’ Felted Merino Wool Slipper may be on the high end of the market, but they are surely worth it. These slippers come in a variety of colors. The material used in the construction of these slippers is high quality, which makes them exceptionally durable and long-lasting. There are no dyes used in the natural wool felt, making it completely organic. The slippers are warm, breathable, comfortable, and bacteria resistant to wear.
- Super comfortable and cozy to wear
- Insulating qualities
- 100% natural wool
- Warm and dry feet because of the breathable wool upper
- Lightweight and very quiet
- Easy slip-on and off design
- Not machine washable
- You can only wear it indoors
The cozy memory foam closed back slipper by ultra ideas says it all with the name. These slippers come with an anti-slip rubber sole and a variety of colors. Ultra Ideas make the upper of the slippers with soft woolen blend cotton knit, whereas the linings and footbed are of faux shearing. The memory foam provides multi-layered and high density cushioning as well as excellent shock-absorbent qualities. This slipper stands out from the rest of them because of its impeccable overall comfort, usability, and durability.
- Easy to maintain with machine washing
- Excellent design and comfort
- Highly recommended for house use
- Availability in a wide range of colors
- Looks smaller than it actually is
- With extended use, the memory foam can become compressed